Check out the agenda items for Y-GateBy Will Collette
|Y-Gate is back on the agenda. So is the Ninigret "MOU"|
Last month, I got the idea - duh, after months of suffering through scrambled agenda - of publishing the agenda the way it actually happens in real life. There are always a number of items that are taken from the middle and end of the agenda and stuck in front. There are a number of items marked "CA" ("consent agenda"), meaning they will be voted on as a bloc, without discussion or debate, not necessarily in the same order they appear in the official printed agenda.
So, for your convenience, here is the July 9 Town Council agenda as it will actually happen - unless of course, they decide to change it again.
Click here for a printer-friendly version
TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING – July 9, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
Charlestown Town Hall, 4540 South County Trail, Charlestown, RI
The regular monthly meeting of the Charlestown Town Council will be held on July 9, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the Charlestown Town Hall, 4540 South County Trail, Charlestown, RI. The proposed agenda is as follows:
1. CALL TO ORDER, Moment of Silence, Pledge of Allegiance
2. ROLL CALL
Motion to move items 15a, 7a, 7d, 10a, 12, 18a, 18b and 18c to be heard next on the agenda. This substantially changes the actual order of business during the meeting so that, in reality, the meeting looks nothing like the published agenda
15 a. Commendation for Whitney Frost of the Coastal Pond Management Commission
7. a. Report from the Skim Boarding Tournament and Camp organizers
7. d. Discussion of and potential action regarding correction of the Heavers’ property zoning and other privately owned lots that are currently zoned as Open Space
10. COUNCIL SITTING AS BEVERAGE LICENSING BOARD
Request from VSA Arts Rhode Island (Rhythm and Roots Festival) for a Class F Liquor License for the event to be held at Ninigret Park on August 31 - alcohol served 4:00 pm until 11:00 pm, September 1 - alcohol served 11:00 am until 11:00 pm, September 2 - alcohol served 11:00 am until 11:00 pm, subject to receipt of all required paperwork and stipulations and rules and regulations as required by the Liquor Control Administration and the Town Council.
THREE MAJOR Y-GATE items:
18. a. Discussion and potential action regarding a special election for authorization to spend $398,000 from the undesignated surplus for the purchase of a conservation easement from the Charlestown Land Trust on the YMCA property
18. b. Approval of purchasing conservation easement on YMCA property for $398,000, in conjunction with purchase of same property for preservation by the Charlestown Land Trust, using open space and recreation bond funds
18. c. Resolution authorizing the issuance of general obligation bonds and notes of the Town of Charlestown not to exceed $2,000,000 to finance the acquisition, preservation or protection of open space or any interest therein alone or in conjunction with federal agencies, state agencies, land conservancies, land trusts or preservation organization for preservation, Ground water protection or the development of public recreation facilities.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT for items not on the Agenda
4. COUNCIL COMMENTS
5. PERSONS WISHING TO BE HEARD
a. James M. Mageau – The Severance Agreement signed by for Town Administrator, William DiLibero and the Town
b. Kyle G. Donovan – Charlestown Beach Road Right of Way
6. ADMINISTRATOR, SOLICITOR, COMMISSION REPORTS
a. Town Administrator
b. Town Solicitor
7. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
c. Discussion of and potential action regarding the Police Chief Selection Committee
e. Consideration, comment and potential action regarding a Memorandum of Understanding with the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service as a Ninigret Park Stakeholder
8. NEW BUSINESS
a. Discussion and potential action regarding a Historic District Committee
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Public hearing and potential action regarding Ordinance #350 amending Chapter 206. Vehicles and Traffic, Article I. Parking (Town Dock Road)
b. Public hearing and potential action regarding Ordinance # 351 amending Chapter 26. Juvenile Hearing Board, Section 4
12. CONSENT AGENDA All items marked with “CA” are to be considered consent agenda This means that these items will be approved as a bloc, without discussion or debate, on one single vote. Some councilors may decide at the last minute to object to having an item on the “Consent Agenda” and ask that it be removed and discussed in its original spot in the agenda.
Motion to accept, approve and place on file the following as the consent agenda: 7b, 11a, 11b, 13a, 13b, 17b, 17c, 17d, 18d and 18e
7. “CA” b. Approval of Charter Revision questions for placement on the November 6, 2012 General Election ballot.
11. LICENSES AND PERMITS
“CA” a. Approval of the application for a Peddler License from First Bite Bakery, subject to receipt of all required paperwork and subject to the stipulations recommended by Acting Police Chief Paliotta.
“CA” b. Approval of the request from the FirmMan Half Iron Triathlon to conduct a portion of a 56-mile bike race through the Town of Charlestown on Route 1A on September 9, 2012 from 7:00 a.m. to Noon.
13. MINUTES AND REPORTS
“CA” a. Town Council Minutes: June 6; June 11 (Executive and Regular)
17. “CA” b. Reappointments to the Zoning Board of Review as recommended by Chair Michael J. Rzewuski: Raymond Dreczko, Jr. - term to expire July 2017; Scott Northup, Alternate #1 – term to expire July 2013; David Provancha, Alternate #2 - term to expire July 2013; Amanda J. Magee , Alternate #3 - term to expire July 2013.
“CA” c. Appointment of Damon Hamilton to the Ninigret Park Dog Park Facility Subcommittee, term to expire November of 2013.
“CA” d. Appointment of Ann S. King to the Senior Citizens Commission, term to expire in January of 2013.
18. “CA” d. Award of the Charlestown Elementary School Sign Installation bid to Tom Ready and Sons Excavating, Inc. for an amount not to exceed $7760.00, with $5005.00 to be funded by impact fees and the balance of the funding to be supplied by Charlestown EMA and the Charlestown Fire District.
“CA” e. Request from JoAnne Santos, Tax Collector for approval of Tax Bill printing, mail merge and online posting services, from Vision Government Solutions as a sole source vendor based on the requirements of the Town Purchasing Manual, Section V. Special Procurements, A. Exclusive Service/Sole Source Vendor, #2. The vendor is sole manufacturer of a particular service, as approved by the Acting Town Administrator and authorization for the Acting Town Administrator to facilitate this service, for an estimated cost of $ 4705.90 with funding from line item 01.460.6020.000.
Consent agenda now over, so we return you to the regularly scheduled program
15. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
b. Introduction and first reading of Ordinance #352 amending Chapter 27 Municipal Court, Chapter 74 Alcoholic Beverages, Chapter86 Boats & Waterways, Chapter 93 Numbering of Building, Chapter 152 Noise, Chapter 155 Nuisance, Chapter 158 Parks, Beaches & Recreation Areas, Chapter 162 Peace & Good Order and Chapter 206 Vehicles and Traffic. Motion to order advertised for public hearing on August 20, 2012.
16. COMMUNICATIONS AND PETITIONS - None
17. APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
a. Appointments to the Town Administrator’s Search Committee. Applications under consideration: Ronald J. Areglado, Susan H. Ogle, Sean White, Christopher J. Sheehan, Richard H. Hosp, Peter W. Arnold, Richard J. Sartor, Janice Falcone, Anne M. Irons, Leone Mainelli, Janice Carlson, Arthur R. Ganz, David R. Bailey, Dr. Dolph Santiello, Vaughn P. Ballard, Stephen Hoff, J. Lawrence Dunn, and Steven Santos
18. FISCAL MATTERS
f. Authorization of the Acting Town Administrator and Parks and Recreation Director to adjust the Professional Vending Services Bid at the Beach Facilities to allow for the use of electricity.
19. LEGAL MATTERS - None