Learn more about Carolina, RI.
Attend a digital photography class.
Visit Clark Family Farms Fall Festival.
This is a two-week edition of our Things To Do article.
- On Saturday evening, October 1, at 7 pm you can watch part 2 of the acclaimed film Carolina, RI: Smallest of the Small. It will be shown on Rhode Island PBS, WSBE channel 36 (Cox Cable 8, DirecTV 36). It will repeat on Sunday at 11 pm.
- On Sunday, October 2, between 11 am and 3 pm take your dog out to Ninigret Park for the First Annual Bahk in the Pahk Dog Walk, sponsored by the Animal Rescue League of Southern Rhode Island. There are lots of activities for humans too and plan on bringing a picnic lunch. This is a free event but registration is suggested. This will be held rain or shine because, you know, dogs can bahk in the rain.
- Each Tuesday at 8 am you can meet in the parking lot next to the Mini Super for a Bird Walk sponsored by the Audubon Society of RI. If you want to learn more contact Phil Budlong at email@example.com.
- A digital photography class starts Tuesday, October 4, at 6:30 pm in the Cross Mills Public Library. This is presented by the Wood-Pawcatuck Watershed Association and taught by WPWA member and volunteer, Tom Tetzner. The class will be held for four Tuesdays with a new topic each week. The class is free but class size is limited so registration for each session is recommended.
- Our Parks and Recreation Department has organized a special night for Charlestown residents at the Clark Family Farms Fall Festival on October 7 from 7 to 9 pm. The special rate is $30 for a family of four and $5 for each additional person. Registration is required at Parks and Rec for the special rate. Call 364-1222 for more information.