Here’s 38 of them
Abortion is a legal, constitutionally-protected and necessary component of women’s healthcare and despite the fact that federal law prohibits any federal funding for abortion, Republican lawmakers are – once again – on the warpath and attempting to defund Planned Parenthood.
The activists, David R. Daleiden, 27, and Sandra S. Merritt, 63, were indicted in January  by a grand jury here in Harris County on charges of tampering with government records for using fake identification and offering to buy fetal tissue at a meeting at which Planned Parenthood officials explained how they provided the tissue to medical researchers. Their video, one of several widely circulated on the internet, said Planned Parenthood was guilty of selling fetal remains, accusations Planned Parenthood has denied.
- The inquires revealed no law broken by Planned Parenthood.
- Virtually every person in this country has benefited from research using fetal tissue.
- This attack represents a betrayal of the people who’s lives could be saved by the research and a violation of the most fundamental duty of medicine.
- The contraception services that Planned Parenthood delivers may be the single greatest effort to prevent unwanted pregnancies that result in abortions…
- We are outraged by those who debase these women, this work, and Planned Parenthood by distorting the facts for political ends.
These pieces are further proof of what we already know: Objective media voices, doctors, medical experts — and above all, the millions of patients who have received compassionate, high-quality care at Planned Parenthood health centers — are standing with Planned Parenthood. We have protected women’s health for generations, and we’re not going to stop, no matter what.
And don’t forget that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg donated $992 million to a charity that donates to Planned Parenthood.
- American Cancer Society
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Bath & Body Works
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Deutsche Bank
- Fannie Mae
- Johnson & Johnson
- La Senza
- Levi Strauss
- Liberty Mutual
- March of Dimes
- Morgan Stanley
- Susan G. Komen
- United Way
- Wells Fargo
EDITOR’S NOTE: For their support of Planned Parenthood, I commend these companies. However, that doesn’t cancel out their transgressions in other matters, such as recently revealed Wells Fargo’s widespread consumer fraud. The fact that companies often simultaneously offend and act in praise-worthy ways makes it hard for people of conscience to either boycott or support many companies. Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream might be the exception. – W. Collette