By Rika Christensen ·
His Majesty, King Hater, doesn’t take officially take office until January 20, 2017, but the effects of his election are already spreading in a rash of hateful and bigoted incidents against everyone who isn’t a straight, white, Christian male.
Insanul Ahmed has collected a series of social media posts and videos detailing exactly what’s happened.
- Students as Southern Illinois University put on blackface and posed in front of a Confederate flag
- A group of guys yelled, “Time to get out of this country, Apu!” at a Middle Eastern-looking man at a gas station
- A woman wearing a scarf was told, “Your time’s almost up, girlie.”
- A Trumpkin pulled a knife on a Muslim woman near the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- A white person called a black man a “nigger” and said he should be picking cotton
- Students at Lehigh Valley High School were chanting, “Cotton-picker, you’re a nigger”
- A white man approached a woman who appeared Mexican and said, “I can’t wait until Trump asks us to rape your people and send you over the biggest damn wall we’re going to build. Go back to hell, wet back,” and threw his cup of water in her face while flipping her the bird
- Students at Wake Forest University were running around shouting, “NIGGER!” inside the residence halls
- A group of white men confronted a black woman at a gas station and said, “How scared are you, you black bitch? I should just kill you right now…you’re a waste of air!” and another said, “You’re lucky there’s witnesses or else I’d shoot you right here.”
- A black woman in Queens, NY was asked to go to the back of the bus
- An LGBT couple found a note on their car saying, “Can’t wait till your ‘marriage’ is overturned by a real president. Gay families = burn in hell. Trump 2016”
- High school teens yelled at a black woman to go back to Africa
- A white man told an Asian woman at a gas station, “We won. Now get the fuck out of my country.”
Because that’s apparently not bad enough, there’s even more:
- Students were parading with Trump signs around their school and chanting, “White power!”
- Students at a middle school in Michigan were chanting, “Build the wall!”
- The world’s premier white supremacy organization, the Ku Klux Klan, held a victory parade for Trump
- Students at Maple Grove High School found, “Fuck niggers, #fuckallporchmonkeys, #whitesonly, #whiteamerica, and Trump Train,” with the word “blacks” inside a circle with an x through it scrawled on a classroom door
- Muslim women in three disparate locations around the country reported being attacked for wearing hijabs. One man choked his victim with her hijab
Nazi imagery is appearing around the country, including the words, “Trump,” and “Seig Heil,” some of which appeared on the anniversary of Kristallnact, or the night in 1938 that the Nazis burned and looted Jewish businesses and synagogues
What’s truly terrifying here is that this is just the beginning. Trump’s election just legitimized every brand of hate there is.
> It’s now okay to intimidate, harass and threaten anyone who isn’t straight and white.
> It’s now okay to sexually assault women.
> It’s now okay to be anti-Semitic, and openly hurl epithets at anyone who isn’t straight and white.
There are people who keep saying, “It will all be okay,” and joking around about Trump’s win without understanding why so many of us are so angry and scared.
We’re angry and scared because things we’ve already been through, like what’s above and more, were validated with Trump’s election.
The haters, the bigots, the anti-Semites, the racists, the men’s rights activists/misogynists, the white supremacists, the Islamophobes, the nativists, and the religious right, were all vindicated, while we were invalidated and violently kicked to the side.
Welcome to Trump’s America. Price of admission: Rights, freedoms, equality, humanity. We’ll waive your fees if you’re a straight, white male.